James, are you not working today or something?
So, James has volunteered another excellent post, this time from pinkbike.com – “Fails of the Month – December“.
I can only hope that all featured in the videos were not too badly broken and I have to say, massive kudos to mountainbikegeezer, for not only making his skinny dropoff crash video available to the masses (we’ve all done something similar but less are prepared to admit to it), but also for his excellent analysis of what went wrong!
I also think James is correct – we need a TFIT top ten crash list. So in honour of his 40th birthday week I give you the current:
9 10 15 16 Crash Fails
- Bob. Morzine. Nuff said.
- Andy P falling down a cliff in Morzine
- Bob, collarbone, Little London
- Tim, collarbone (plus Mark T and Chris G shaped holes) in the first “post-Morzine I” TFIT ride
- Malcolm W vs house, Surrey – house wins
- James vs 8 foot gap jump, UK Bike Skills – post jump obstacle wins
- Andy C vs tabletop, Morzine – tabletop wins
- Dave D vs Mark T, Surrey – on the corner on the descent to the White Heart – corner wins
- Steve F, Morzine, riding the flat plaza – gravity wins
- Dave D, Surrey, Wheelie outside White Horse – gravity wins… again
- Tim W, Surrey, reverse skid through fence near Tranny Hill
- Andy C, Surrey – bomb hole up near Gibbets.
- Mark T, Surrey – stuck in the the first Mark shaped hole
- Dave D, Morzine – near death OTB at the top of final run into Morzine
- Chris G, Surrey – learning not to follow Andy C on a downhill near Winkworth
- Chris G & Steve F, Surrey – synchronised “slow motion crash off boardwalk into swamp” on Thursley Common